The NBOME Learning Center
The NBOME Learning Center offers on-demand, self-paced, online learning activities that provide continuing medical education opportunities for osteopathic physicians and other health care professionals.
The NBOME collaborates with National Faculty and stakeholder partners in developing cost-effective or no-cost resources to offer the knowledge and skills required to deliver high-quality, safe, effective patient care to osteopathic students, residents, and physicians.
Features of NBOME’s Learning Center activities include:
- Web-based, convenient access anytime, from anywhere, on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Courses approved for American Osteopathic Association (AOA) Continuing Medical Education (CME) Credit
- The latest innovations in online learning and training
- An ever-expanding inventory of tools, resources, and programs that meet continuous professional development and certification requirements
Please see our full catalog of resources in the NBOME Learning Center including:
NBOME Assessment Education Series
The NBOME Learning Center hosts a number of NBOME-developed modules to help medical educators, including NBOME National Faculty, learn more about assessment development, scoring, and related topics. These modules are designed to support education in the development of osteopathically distinct assessments. Modules in the Assessment Education Series include:
- Item Writing 101: Multiple-Choice Items with Realistic Clinical Scenarios provides an introductory-level, self-guided, interactive course designed to facilitate writing multiple choice items that assess competencies in osteopathic medicine and related health care professions, using realistic clinical scenarios.
- Rationale Writing 101: This course provides information on why rationales are valuable and how they can be used for multiple purposes and audiences.
On-Demand CME Activities
Self-paced CME activities, approved for AOA CME credit, have been developed in partnership with colleges of osteopathic medicine and osteopathic specialty boards.
The NBOME developed three courses with the American Osteopathic Board of Family Practitioners (AOBFP):
- The AOBFP Professionalism: Medication Safety and Communication OPAIM
- Evaluation and Management of Patient with Hypertension
- Evaluation and Management of Patient with Diabetes and Obesity
These courses can be accessed through the AOBFP’s OCC Module Completion website.
In this section
More information for...