2022 Match Season – Important Dates & Resources
You watched the incredible resilience of the Class of 2021 as they navigated a match cycle during the pandemic. Everything they had been told to expect, changed. And now you find yourself in a similar position as the process continues to shift. While your Match season will be fundamentally different, rest assured that the community has come together to provide plenty of resources and support to help you navigate one of the most important transitions of your academic and professional careers.
You have overcome incredible challenges to get here, and we have great resources to help you as you take your next step on The Road to DO Licensure.
2022 Match Timeline
June 2021 | Open for Business
ERAS opened in June, and if you have been approved by your COM to enter the upcoming Match, you can access MyERAS, and begin working on your applications. Check out the NRMP Intro to Main Residency Match page to learn about what’s new for this upcoming application cycle.
As a reminder, the following key Match dates occurred in June and July:
Military students automatically registered for Army/Navy/Air Force Match
September 2021 | Off to the Races
Keep in mind that you do not need to submit all of your applications on September 1; you have plenty of time to complete and submit your applications. If you’re still researching programs, the AAMC’s Residency Explorer Tool can help you find programs that are a good fit for you.
- September 1:
- Candidates can start applying to their residency programs of choice through ERAS
- Dermatology, General Surgery and Internal Medicine applicants invited to participate in the supplemental ERAS application
- September 15: Registration opens for the NRMP 2022 Match
- September 20: Plastic Surgery applicant registration opens (SF Match)
- September 29: Residency programs can begin reviewing applications and MSPEs through ERAS
October 2021 | Putting Yourself Out There
Most residency program interviews will be held between October and December. Some specialties will continue to rely on virtual interviews. Double-check the websites for the programs you have applied to, and see what they have planned for this interview season. And make sure you’re ready to ace your virtual interview with these important tips.
- October 1:
- Medical schools can begin uploading rising seniors
- Interviews begin
- December: Military Match announced
- January 31:
- NRMP 2022 Match registration deadline
- Late registration will now incur a $50 fee
- Program withdrawal and SOAP participation status deadlines
February 2022 | Ranking Opens
It’s that time – once you’ve registered with the NRMP, you can now submit your Rank Order Lists.
- February 1:
- Rank order list entry opens
- Medical schools can begin verifying student graduation credentials
- Urology Match announced
- February 8: Ophthalmology SF Match announced
March 2022 | This Is It
*The 2022 SOAP schedule shown below is an estimate; the official schedule has not been posted yet.
- March 2:
- Rank order list deadline (9pm ET)
- Applicant late registration deadline
- Medical school student graduation credential verification deadline
- March 14:
- Match Week Begins; students notified if they matched
- SOAP-eligible applicants can send applications to unfilled match programs*
- March 18: Match Day
- May 10: Plastic Surgery SF Match announced
- May 31: End of the ERAS 2022 season