2023 Match Season – Important Dates & Resources
The 2022 Match cycle was an unprecedented one for DO seniors and graduates; more than 7,048 osteopathic applicants matched in March 2022, and DO seniors achieved a 91.3 percent NRMP match rate—the highest on record.
As you look ahead to another hotly anticipated Match cycle, remember that every journey on the Road to DO Licensure is unique. Over the next nine months, the NBOME will be here to help you on that journey by providing information, education, and other valuable resources as you embark on one of the greatest transitions in your life.
In the meantime, here’s what you need to know as you start the Match process for 2023. Good luck!
2023 MATCH TIMELINE
June – August 2022 | On Your Mark…
Once your COM has approved you to enter the upcoming residency match, you can begin working on your applications in MyERAS. Check out the NRMP Intro to the Match page to learn about what’s new for this upcoming application cycle.
Military students are automatically registered for the Military Match.
September | Get Ready…
Now’s the time to start submitting applications. The AAMC’s Residency Explorer Tool can help you find programs that fit you, if you decide to expand your search.
- September 7: Start applying to their residency programs of choice through ERAS
- September 15: Registration opens for the NRMP 2023 Match Cycle
- September 16: Supplemental ERAS application submission deadline
- September TBD: Plastic Surgery SF Match applicant registration opens
- September 28: Residency programs begin reviewing applications and MSPEs through ERAS
October – January 2023 | Get Set…
It’s time for interviews! Many residency programs have gone back to in-person interviews, but some still hold them virtually—be sure to check the websites for any programs you’ve applied to for more information. If it’s a virtual interview, these tips can help make sure you’re ready to ace your virtual interview.
- October 1: Medical schools can begin uploading rising seniors
- October 31 – December 23: Ophthalmology SF Match interviews
- December: Military Match announced
- January 3: Ophthalmology SF Match program rank list submission deadline
- January 20: Ophthalmology SF Match applicant rank list submission deadline
- January 31: NRMP 2023 Match registration deadline (late registration will now incur a $50 fee)
- Program withdrawal and/or SOAP participation status deadlines
February 2023 | …And GO!
If you’ve registered with the NRMP, now’s the time to submit your Rank Order Lists.
- February: Urology Match announced
- February 1: Rank order list entry opens
- Medical schools can begin verifying student graduation credentials
- Ophthalmology SF Match announced
March 2023 | Crossing the Finish Line
It’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for!
- March 1: Rank order list deadline (9pm ET)
Medical school student graduation credential verification deadline
- March 13: Match Week Begins! Get notified that you matched.
SOAP-eligible applicants can send applications to unfilled match programs
- March 17: Match Day! Find out which residency matched to you.
- May: Plastic Surgery SF Match announced
- May 31: End of the ERAS 2023 season
Navigating GME | Match Resources
You may also like
On November 30, the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) released the results of the 2022 Medicine and...
An RPD provides advice to fourth-years awaiting residency
By now, most DO students have learned where they will...
We’re so DO Proud of the more than 7,049 DO seniors and graduates matched into PGY-1 positions in this year’s...