Examinations Overview & Features
The NBOME's COMAT Series currently includes seven core clinical disciplines. Each subject examination is designed for standardized assessment in core osteopathic medical disciplines, such as end-of-course or clinical rotation student assessment. They assess an osteopathic student's achievement level on those subjects, with an emphasis on clinical application.
Each examination in the series has osteopathic principles and practice integrated throughout, making it THE choice for Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine for student assessment needs.
- COMAT is the ONLY osteopathically distinctive subject examination series.
- Because COMAT is presented in a style and format comparable to the COMLEX-USA licensure series, and because feedback is provided, osteopathic medical students will benefit greatly from the experience of taking a COMAT examination.
- Convenient web-delivery offers adaptability and flexibility for multiple-site delivery (minimum technology requirements must be met).
- Security is enhanced through web delivery, proctoring and multiple exam forms.
- Detailed Feedback: Colleges receive school summary reports and individual student score reports; scores will be compared with national performance.
- COMAT has been developed by leaders in osteopathic medicine and education, backed by decades of NBOME experience and expertise.
Future additions will include comprehensive clinical and foundational science examinations.