Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Achievement Test
Examinations Overview & Features
COMAT Examinations OverviewThe NBOME's COMAT Series includes eight core clinical disciplines. Each subject examination is designed for standardized assessment in core osteopathic medical disciplines, such as end-of-course or clinical rotation student assessment. COMAT examinations assess an osteopathic student's achievement level on those subjects, with an emphasis on clinical application.
Each examination in the series has osteopathic principles and practice integrated throughout, making it the obvious choice for Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine.
COMAT Examinations Features
- COMAT is the only osteopathically distinctive subject examination series.
- Examinations are comprised of 125 items and designed to be 2-hours & 30-minutes with a 5-minute tutorial. Because COMAT is presented in a style and format comparable to the COMLEX-USA licensure series, osteopathic medical students will benefit greatly from the experience of taking a COMAT examination.
- Convenient web-delivery offers enhanced security, adaptability and flexibility for multiple-site delivery (minimum technology requirements must be met).
- iPad delivery: a convenient option for COM administration.
- Administration of COMAT subject examinations is available at Prometric testing centers throughout the country.
- Colleges receive detailed feedback through school summary reports and individual student score reports; scores will be compared with national performance.
- COMAT is developed by leaders in osteopathic medicine and education, backed by decades of NBOME experience and expertise.